Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The elusive "O"

So I've noticed that there are 2 kinds of women. Those who will do anything for the "O" and those (like me) who couldn't care less. Don't get me wrong, I don't actively avoid the "O." If it is convenient, easily attainable, and not too expensive (more on that later,) then sure, I'll go for the "O." But most of the time, it is too much of a bother. However, for those who swear by the "O," there is nothing more important than to make sure that it is all "O" all the time. I love my friends, but for those "O" Mommas, sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with all the "O" talk. I get lectures on the health benefits of the "O." I understand that the "O" is completely natural, there have been studies showing the more "O" you get, the more healthy your family can be. I sometimes feel like I am disappointing my crunchy granola, long haired, sandal wearing nature Momma friends when I admit that I might have gone all week with no "O" at all. I also don't understand going all over the place to find the elusive "O," I have a few tried and true locations I like to hit, I don't have time to be journeying over every hill and valley. Also, have you noticed that if you insist on only the "O," you might find yourself having to deal with more bugs than are really necessary. I know it's gross to talk about, but it's true. The more "O" you have, the more bugs you have to pick out. Finally, for something that is so wonderful, natural, and (if you believe the hype) beneficial to all involved, why does it tend to be so ridiculously expensive? You'd think that if my doctor wanted me to have multiple "O's" throughout the day, I should be able to get a prescription and only pay my co-pay. $4 generic anyone? So, while I don't object to "O" on principle, I will continue just having "O" when it happens and not try to force it into every meal. So, what do you think? Are you an all "O"rganic kind of Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment